Being able to live in a healthy community is lot more than bricks and mortar. Sustainable healthy communities is what I would hope for if elected as your Division 2 Councillor. Have a read of this article and ask are we living in a smart place or simply accepting what we have been given.
People need to feel included and belonging. Are we doing that? Recognising the richness and diversity of the people who have made this part of Moreton Bay their home. How can we make this area of Moreton Bay better for the people of all ages? For all cultures?
“This policy should take on the following findings of our international study of smart cities:
- Smart cities that focus only on technology seldom work
- Local governments should adopt the role of facilitator
- Risks need to be shared with the private sector
- Local governments should be open to innovations and learn from mistakes
- Smart cities should focus on being inclusive
- Resource consumption must be considered, particularly in relation to the longevity of technological infrastructure
- Long-term sustainability depends on renewable resources
- Smart cities require a smart community that is knowledgeable, conscious, forward-thinking, engaged, united and active.